WHY SHOULD YOUR CHURCH CONSIDER RESIDENCY?
- Expand the Mission of your church to fulfill Acts 1:8 in being Christ’s witnesses in your Judea and Samaria.
- Challenge believers to take new steps of faith in their walk with Christ in being a part of this mission opportunity (new opportunities for people to use their gifts-music, children and youth ministry, worship, elder training, etc.)
- Challenge believers to live on mission in their families, jobs, friendships, and other relationships.
- Be a part of building into the lives of a family and developing a life long friendship with them.
- Be a part of unbelievers coming to faith in Christ and having (hell canceled & heaven gained!-Joe Stowell quote).
- Extra support for your church ministries from the residents serving in your church for a year.
HOW DOES THE CHURCH PLANTING RESIDENT BENEFIT FROM RESIDENCY?
Builds a Strong Foundation of support, trust, and accountability from a local church and the district from which to launch a new church.
- Healthier Marriages & Families
- Healthier and more sustainable churches long term
- Partnership: Churches, the district, and the planter partnering together for the Kingdom in our Judea/Samaria-Acts 1:8
Builds Their Leadership Foundation
- Developing Intentional Living Habits
- Developing a Personal Growth Plan
- Understanding Unique Design & Calling
Builds Their Leadership Philosophy
- Developing Philosophy of Ministry
- Determining a Church’s Unique Calling
Builds Their Leadership Skill Set
- Disciple Making
- Multiplying Leaders
- Evangelism Training
- Creating a Culture of Prayer
- Communicating Vision
- Developing a Healthy Leadership Community
- Preaching & Teaching
- Learning from a Team of Elders how to lead and shepherd.
- Creating a Culture of Generosity
- Church Planting Strategy
- Developing Evangelism and Gathering skills through a part time job in the marketplace